Thursday, March 19, 2009

Play time!


The fact that it is nearly 5am and I haven't gone to bed yet can only mean one thing....I've been bitten by the art bug! I bought some new stamps from Tim Holtz today (technically yesterday) and just had to take them for a test drive. I have to say, they are the nicest clear stamps I've purchased. Very thick and sturdy. They better be for the money, right? Thank goodness for 50% coupons at Michaels LOL. Anyway....as usual I didn't really have a game plan when I sat down to make the ATC. I just go from one step to another until I have something that looks finished LOL. I started with my beloved alcohol inks on some acrylic paper, then added some black ink to grunge it up. I took a squooshed bottlecap and filled it with Glossy Accents and silver microbeads. Then I stamped the bird image and quote on newspaper, cut them out and glued them down. I brushed on some glitter paint over the background which didn't really show up well in the picture except for the upper lefthand corner) and put a coat of wax over the stamped pieces. Final step was adding the tiny stars. I think the card came out pretty cool, if I do say so myself. It sure feels good to be creating again! The dark circles under my eyes will be worth it.
Good night!
Anita

4 comments:

thekathrynwheel said...

Heyyyy! You're back creating! This is very nice indeed - I can see why you didn't want to go to bed! The tidy up in your crafting space was worth it after all :-)

Anonymous said...

I love Tim Holtz stuff - glad to see someone is making col stuff again!

Shelly said...

Awesome card !! Great use of the stamped image (I can never do a good card with a rubber stamp image.)
You should go take a look on Kate's blog.
:-)
Shelly

thekathrynwheel said...

Hi Anita,
Another blog award for you on my blog - take a look :-)
Kate